Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tanned Beauties

I am downright obsessed with cookbooks. Thankfully, our local library system really has quite a nice inventory and I go to it regularly. I recently got my hands back on the Macrina Bakery cookbook. I just love Leslie Mackie's story and I think her shops are precious. It's been a long time since I have made peanut butter cookies. It's been a long time since I've HAD a peanut butter cookie!

Macrina's recipe looked promising and so sure enough, just a couple days later I could smell them coming from my oven. I hesitated for a only a moment when I saw that the recipe called for vegetable shortening. I just went with it people. If Leslie Mackie will turn to the stuff once in awhile, then so will I! The cookies really were lovely. They were big, perfectly round, and crinkly on top. Just what a cookie should be. The tan beauties were lightly crisped on the outside and chewy in the center. And whose heart doesn't skip a beat when seeing the classic hatched fork design on top?? If only I had gotten a decent picture of them for you! This is a sweet one though... I made myself a pot of Amelie tea and enjoyed a peanut butter cookie and one of my favorite kinds of fall evenings. I will get the recipe on here soon.


1 comment:

tina said...

ohhhhh friend that looks like a lovely little treat. mmm. sure makes me want to come have a cup of tea and peanut butter cookie with you!! keep posting, I LOVE it!