Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Real Gem

Before I get back to posting and adding to this poor little blog that has been put up on the shelf for the last couple of weeks, I have to say thank you to a lovely girl over in Winnepeg and a gentlemen in the UK. I love how the internet brings us all together.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I discovered that the photos I had been using on my blog were no longer available for me to use (long story) and was pretty much without a banner of any kind for the last couple of weeks. I was telling my friend Mallory about this small tragedy and she recommended that I go to Etsy and look around because apparently there are lots of people on there who will design banners for very reasonable rates.

So, sure enough, I looked around and came across a stylish artist named Leigh-Ann Keffer of Freckled Nest and she agreed to do business with me. After much searching for the right photo, which we found on Flickr and belongs to the gracious Dilip Ramachandran who kindly offered it to me to use for the banner, Leigh-Ann and I worked together to create the look.

Leigh-Ann was so sweet and easy to work with and dealt beautifully with all of my input and wants. I had a lot of input. So, here my blog is with a new name and a new cover. Thank you two for sharing your talent with me! My blog and and I are very grateful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cute!!!!

~tina

Leigh-Ann said...

awwww! you're so sweet Rachelle! It was a pleasure and I'm glad you love what we created :)
Hugs!